Posted on October 19 2022
Live, Love, Linen
Linen clothing is the epitome of timeless. It remains to be one of the most earth-friendly and sustainable natural fibres, aligning the gorgeous fabric not only with our 2birds design dreams, but also our eco-conscious intentions.
It is no secret that linen is arguably most loved for its breathability factor, making it ideal for the warm weather that we have in mind when creating our pieces. However, linen's moisture-wicking magic doesn't stop in the sun. At 2birds, we believe in year-round, versatile fashion, and linen lives up to exactly that. The fabric is made from the stalk of a flax plant, which is a natural insulator and humidity reliever. So while it keeps us cool in summer, linen also knows how to reserve your body heat while releasing any excess, allowing for comfortable cosiness in any weather.
If our looks are going to be loved year-round, they need to last. Thankfully, linen is renowned for its durability and fabric strength. The material is notably resilient and long-lasting, so it won't shrink, stretch or shapeshift; with mindful care, our linen looks make the perfect generational wardrobe staple! In fact, you should find that your linen pieces simply become even softer over time - it's like a gift that keeps on giving.
But what does mindful care of linen look like? Don't stress, we're a wanderlust loving label, so we wouldn't want our looks to be a hassle when taking them around the world. Whilst it is important to give it a little extra love, linen is still a breeze to care for just as it is breezy to wear.
Here are a few tips for loving your linen:
- Wash your linen pieces with similar colours and in a smaller load. For best results, wash them inside out and separately from regular fabrics and heavier clothing articles (e.g. hoodies, jeans)
- Linen can be machine-washed - select a gentle cycle and lukewarm water (<40°C)
- It is beneficial to use mild, high-quality detergent (delicate fabric detergents are a good option)
- If handwashing, don't twist or scrub your linen pieces. Soak for 10 minutes and gently swish it in lukewarm water, before draining and rinsing the fabric of all soapy residue
- Linen clothing can be tumble-dried on a low heat, but it is preferable to dry them naturally. If tumble drying, take your linens out whilst they are still slightly damp and allow them to finish air drying flat or hung up to preserve the material
Ultimately, linen is a superior fabric choice and it is no wonder we continue to add stunning new looks to our linen loving collection. We strive for comfy, classic, chic pieces to keep us cool all summer long and cosy when a breeze rolls in; so we can always count on linen being our material BFF when it comes to designing your forever go-tos.